225 Bush St, 5th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94104
Registration Opens / Form Hackathon Teams
11:15 AM – 11:45 AM
Main Stage Kick-off Talks (Live streamed to partner site)
12:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Technical Workshops (Workshop Room 1)
12:00 PM – 12:40 PM
Bikash Roy Choudhury
Principal Architect DevOps/Industry Verticals, NetApp
1:00 PM – 1:40 PM
Senior Software Developer, SAP Hybris
2:00 PM – 2:40 PM
3:00 PM – 3:40 PM
Developer Evangelist, HPE Haven OnDemand
4:00 PM – 4:40 PM
5:00 PM – 5:50 PM
Senior Product Manager, Progress Data Direct
6:00 PM – 6:40 PM
Doors Close (attendees cannot work overnight onsite)
Doors Open / Breakfast
12:00 PM – 1:30 PM
Overall judges visit hackathon teams and hear 2 minute pitches (partner site too)
1:30 PM – 2:30 PM
Hackathon teams visit sponsors to pitch their projects (remote teams come to HQ to pitch)
Top 5 teams notified
2:00 PM – 2:30 PM
Top 5 teams test presentations on stage
Sponsor must have winners submitted (by emailing [email protected] or telling Saxony Owen in person)
2:30 PM – 3:00 PM
Top 5 teams pitch (2 minutes each)
3:00 PM – 3:30 PM
Judges meet to discuss Top 5 Team Pitches
3:30 PM – 4:00 PM
Overall winners announced and sponsor winners announced on stage
4:00 PM – 4:30 PM
Sponsors and winning teams sync up (make arrangements for prize transfers)
Doors Close Promptly
4:30 PM – 5:00 PM
|Innovate and enhance your unique application or DevOps environment using NetApp ONTAP Cloud||$11000 in prize valueShowcase innovative use of NetApp ONTAP Cloud technology for AWS. ONTAP Cloud is built on NetApp’s leading storage OS, delivering enterprise-class data storage management in the cloud with advanced cloning and replication. Develop applications or environments, or a combination of both:Example 1: Build an innovative IOT, mobile or enterprise app that uses file services (CIFS, NFS) and ONTAP Cloud’s advanced features such as cloning and/or replication to enhance the application. Your dataset/database should be created using ONTAP Cloud to enable NetApp advanced features. Example 2: Create a scalable and resilient DevOps environment integrated with ONTAP Cloud which takes advantage of ONTAP Cloud’s advanced features, ie. cloning and/or replication. The DevOps environment can use tools/platforms/IDEs such as Jenkins, Docker, Swarm, Eclipse etc., integrated with ONTAP Cloud to deliver a unique DevOps experience for automated CI/CD with horizontal scaling and persistent storage.|
|graph LoVE - Load, Visualize, Extract||$10000 in prize valueUse the power and flexibility of YaaS micro-services around commerce and customer profile graphs to react and interact with customers in a much more personal way. Create magic moments for consumers by understanding a customer's motivation and intent, in real-time. Predict, Analyze, Conclude.|
|OData: The Best Way to REST||$7998 in prize valueThe Challenge: Build an app for voice assistant services using the OData API. Discover why connectivity is the new integration. With 40 APIs made public every week, you need a new way to connect your apps to various data sources. This challenge helps you understand how to simplify integration by connecting directly to data.|
|Create a scalable application with Tarantool||$2000 in prize valueYour challenge is to build a scalable solution based on Tarantool. Tarantool is one of the fastest in-memory databases in the world. With Tarantool you’ll be able to efficiently deal with scalability issues, to save money on infrastructure and to significantly reduce your time spent on maintenance and operation. During the contest, you will enhance your existing application with Tarantool's features or create a new application from ground up. More details: https://tarantool.org|
|Reimagine everything and infuse intelligence into your app!||$1000 in prize valueHPE Haven OnDemand is democratizing Machine Learning to accelerate development of cognitive apps and services for all devices and platforms (incl. VR, IoT, desktop, mobile, and the web). With more than 60 APIs for structured and unstructured data, it’s easier than ever before to build apps that connect, extract, analyze, index, search and predict. Popular APIs include sentiment analysis, speech-to-text, face detection, OCR, prediction, anomaly detection, trend analysis, text indexing, and search|
How It Works
- Once your project team sits at a table, do not change tables. This table will be assigned to you. Multiple project teams can share one table.
- Teams can build apps from scratch (Mobile App / Consumer Web App / Business Web App). Teams can solve as many Accelerate.im challenges as they want (zero, one, or multiple).
- Teams must be between 1 member and 5 members. Teams with over 5 members are not eligible for sponsored prizes or overall awards.
- All hackathon prizes will be sponsor prizes. The sponsors will choose their own prizes and their own prize winners on Day 2 of the hackathon.
- There will be 2 rounds of judging on Day 2.
- Round One (12:00 PM – 1:30 PM), “Overall Winner” judges will hear your pitch at your table and fill out a scoring sheet on each team.
- Round Two (1:30 PM – 2:30 PM) you pitch sponsors at their tables.
- The top 5 project teams (as decided by the Overall Judges) will pitch on the main stage.
- Because of the sheer number of participants and teams, participants will not be able to organize teams by pitching their ideas on day one. They can however post projects to the Accelerate.im network and contact other members about joining projects.
- Sponsors are responsible for delivering you prizes. Some prizes will be delivered after the hackathon. We will provide sponsors with your contact information.
Senior Software Engineer, Amazon
VP Platform Product Management, Box
Director of Technology Evangelism & Partnerships, Built.io
Product Development Manager, Citrix
VP of Data Science, Cognoa
Developer Evangelist, Contentful
Principal Software Architect, Equinix
Technical Evangelism Manager, eSignLive
Engineering Manager, HelloSign
Developer Evangelist, Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Principal Software Engineer, Intuit
Lead Senior Software Architect, MINDBODY
Sr. Developer/IoT Sr. Developer, My.com/Mail.Ru
Head of Business Development, Neura
CEO, Proficiency Labs
Senior Sales Engineer, Progress
Developer Evangelist, Qlik
Middleware consultant, Red Hat
GTM Digital Marketing Chief Expert, SAP Hybris
CEO, Co-founder, Stamplay
Sr Cloud Architect, The Walt Disney Company
Senior Software Developer, Traitify
VP of Product Management, Twilio
Senior Engineering Manager, Workday
Vice President, Solutions Architecture, WSO2, Inc.
CEO and Founder, Xignite