Please note, due to venue size constrictions only the first 300 hackers to show-up will be admitted inside the hackathon. Door open at 10AM. Pre-registration required. Join the Hackathon waitlist here.
TIBCO Software Inc
3301 Hillview Ave, Building Two
Palo Alto, CA 94303
2017 Hackathon Sponsor Preview
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 23
Registration Opens / Form Hackathon Teams
11:00 AM – 11:45 AM
Main Stage Kick-off Talks (Live streamed to partner site)
12:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Technical Workshops (Workshop Room 1 & Workshop Room 2)
Workshop Room A
- TIBCO 12:00 – 12:40
- Wowza Media Systems 1:00 – 1:40
- TeleSign 2:00 – 2:40
- Back4App 3:00 – 3:40
- HyperTrack 4:00 – 4:40
Workshop Room B
- Progress 12:00 – 12:40
- Citi FinTech 1:00 – 1:40
- Dell Boomi 2:00 – 2:40
Doors Close (attendees cannot work overnight on-site)
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 24
Doors Open / Breakfast
12:00 PM – 1:30 PM
Overall judges visit assigned teams and hear 2-minute pitches (partner site too)
1:30 PM – 2:30 PM
Hackathon teams visit sponsors to pitch their projects (remote teams come to HQ to present)
Top 5 teams notified
2:00 PM – 2:30 PM
Top 5 teams presentations on stage
2:30 PM – 3:00 PM
Top 5 teams pitch (2 minutes each)
3:00 PM – 3:30 PM
Judges meet to discuss Top 5 Team Pitches
3:30 PM – 4:00 PM
Overall winners announced and sponsor winners announced on stage
4:00 PM – 4:30 PM
Sponsors and winning teams sync up
(make arrangements for prize transfers)
Doors Close Promptly
How It Works
- Once your project team sits at a table, do not change tables. This table will be assigned to you. Multiple project teams can share one table.
- Teams can build apps from scratch (Mobile App / Consumer Web App / Business Web App). Teams can solve as many Accelerate.im challenges as they want (zero, one, or multiple).
- Teams must be between 1 member and 5 members. Teams with over 5 members are not eligible for sponsored prizes or overall awards.
- All hackathon prizes will be sponsor prizes. The sponsors will choose their own prizes and their own prize winners on Day 2 of the hackathon.
- There will be 2 rounds of judging on Day 2.
- Round One (12:00 PM – 1:30 PM), “Overall Winner” judges will hear your pitch at your table and fill out a scoring sheet on each team.
- Round Two (1:30 PM – 2:30 PM) you pitch sponsors at their tables.
- The top 5 project teams (as decided by the Overall Judges) will pitch on the main stage.
- Because of the sheer number of participants and teams, participants will not be able to organize teams by pitching their ideas on day one. They can however post projects to the Accelerate.im network and contact other members about joining projects.
- Sponsors are responsible for delivering you prizes. Some prizes will be delivered after the hackathon. We will provide sponsors with your contact information.
Xtrm DESIGNS llc / Naval Postgraduate School
Evans Data Corporation